Since Cameron Reilly referenced me from his blog my daily hit rate has doubled. Gotta love that for causality which makes me consider the best ways to get people to read your blog.
- Stick the url in your signature and become an interesting person on various forums – tried that, not even nearly interesting enough.
- Tell all your friends about it – only gave me a slight increase in activity right at the start. They all went once but as they see me every day they don’t tend to be that interested in regularly reading my blog. Seems there’s only so much of my sharp wit and dazzling personality a person can take in one day.
- Link to people from your blog – actually works quite well. Its a well know fact that most bloggers are at least a little bit narcissistic so they all google themselves or at least check out who’s linking to them on technorati.
- Taunt people on your blog and then link to them – linking means they find you, taunting means they get sucked into a large scale blog argument – would probibly work quite well but I’m not quite that obnoxious and I would rather be known for something other than being a bitch.
- Starting a blog conversation with someone famous in the blogosphere. Actually did this somewhat accidentally but the second they post a reference to you… Bam!! 5min of fame. or so far in my case a 48 hour spike in page views. Hooray!
yo mim… ur link to me doesnt work… it rocks up at some bible site, not the kinda thing i tend to associate with… the link u wrote down is vivification89.blogpsot.com rather than http://vivification89.blogspot.comback to the mathsxx