On the basis that you can learn a lot about someone from their bookshelf I thought to myself: why not put together a couple of annotated photo’s of my bookshelf to share with anyone who cares to look?
So from the top shelf…
- The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying and the Places that Scare You both gifts from my mother, both books that I’ve been meaning to read but never got around to it.
- The Path to Enlightenment by Geshe Loden. Given to me by Geshe Loden. It and the previous two Buddhist texts are kept on the top shelf out of respect.
- The sheet music I’ve gotten around to bringing down from sydney: Half cello, half guitar. My piano music and complete works of The Beatles are still in sydney because I don’t have a piano (which is, incidentally, driving me crazy).
- A whole bunch of diet books because I’m great at reading diet books and useless at following them.
- The Coming Plague a really cool book which chronicles the worst diseases in recent human history and how they came about.
- Biological Psychology. A very cool textbook which talks about the neurological side of psychology.
- Clinical Medicine. A medical textbook I devoured a couple of years ago when I wanted to study medicine.
- My Harry Potter books in French. I’ve only read the first one the whole way through. I need to brush up on my french a little bit and get back to reading them. Its a good mental exercise.
- Suicide Girls. Birthday present from Colin.
- My uni textbooks
Obviously there are other books on the shelf but if you want to stickybeak further you’ll just have to look at the larger photo and figure out what they are 🙂